June 4, 2018

Pink Smash Folio - Happy Birthday

 I'm sure many of you that have been scrapbooking for a few years have a Smash folio or two lying around. They were all the rage back in 2012 I believe. I was really into journaling around that time and I remember going to google to look for interesting or guided journals. For some reason the Smash Folios came up in my search and I was sold. They were my first introduction into scrapbooking and here I am six years later.

Now I don't have my first few books, as they were mostly filled with junk (old receipts, movie tickets, etc) and pinterest quotes. I ended up tossing them when I moved out of state as I just wasn't in love with them anymore. Although I kept one that was filled with pen pal letters and postcards. I'll share that one at a later time.

About a year ago I re-purchased two of them. I have the Red Doodle one that I'm using to document my university years, and also the Pretty Pink one that is going to be about my twenties. That one I want to share with you today!

Pretty Pink - My Twenties 



The cover I painted white with regular craft paint. It was a tad difficult staying within the embossed area so I only did one coat. 

The first spread that I want to share is a birthday layout.




This was truly one of the best birthdays of my life so it had to go in this book. Every year I take a birthday selfie, so that is the picture on the left side of the spread. I used a Maggie Holmes line for the papers and embellishments.




My boyfriend surprised me that morning with yellow roses so I glued two of the dried leaves on to the right hand page next to the calendar. I did use them as a stamp on another project so that's why they are painted gold. 





We spent most of the day at an art museum, so I included a picture of myself and also my favorite piece of art. Every time I visit this museum I have to gaze at that statue. It's so detailed and lovely. 





Here is one more close up shot before I leave you!



No comments:

Post a Comment