June 3, 2018

Scrapbook Sunday - New Beginnings



I have started a recent routine where I devote Sundays to only doing the things that I love or want to do. I am not a religious person, but I do value the idea of having a day of rest. Lately I have been spending my Sundays either scrapbooking or surfing Pinterest for scrapbooking ideas.

To add to that I want to have a weekly Sunday post sharing a scrapbooking layout that I've made. This first one I have for today is the title page for one of my albums.





About the Layout

This is one of my favorites! I am normally a stickler for things being straight on my layouts. For this one I let the entire middle design be at a slight angle. I also watercolored the flowers on the paper to the right to match the paper embellishments. Oh I cheated on the background too; I used two pieces of identical 6x6 paper, the seam is hidden underneath the photo.




About the Photo

The pose I am holding in the photo is that of the Hindu god Shiva. I learned about this stance in my Mythology course. The hand that is up, is a warning in regards to life; life is full of pain and suffering. The other hand that is down and exposed is a welcome however. I fell in love with the notion of being given a warning and a welcome at the same time. I like to experiment with my self-portraits so this pose was something I wanted in my scrapbook album. 


Let me know what you think in the comments. 
If you have any questions as well, feel free to ask.

Thanks for stopping in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment