June 17, 2018

Scrapbook Sunday - Hello Beautiful





Now I promise not all my layouts are of myself! I plan on starting to scrapbook more event layouts soon. Today's layout is more focused on a technique I want to share. I discovered this on my own and it's one of my favorites that I can't wait to try again.




For the background I used an older cut-file from Studio Calico that unfortunately I can't find in their shop anymore to share with you. I did cut the background out of white card stock. The outline of the flower I painted black with acrylic paint. You could just cut the file twice in two different colors, but this way seemed faster to me and the paint added to the artistic look.

For the petals of the flowers; first, I embossed them with a flower themed embossing folder. Next, I added color using oil pastels. I really love working with my pastels after having to purchase and use them for one of my college courses. Now the pastels never set, so I used Modge Podge to seal them. I went with a glossy finish out of preference. I love the shine it gives, but wasn't able to capture it in pictures. 




I hope you give this technique a try. Next, I want to purchase a butterfly embossing folder and use one of Paige Evan's many butterfly background cut files.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment