June 10, 2018

Scrapbook Sunday - Hometown



Today I have a two page layout to share with you, and it's one of my favorites that I've created. It came about in a serendipitous kind of way. Whenever I get an idea for a scrapbook layout I jot it down in a little notebook. It's in a list format. I had the idea that I wanted to die-cut the shape of Ohio, back it with pattern paper, and then add some stitching. That's been in my notebook for awhile. Lately I have been obsessively listening to Kacey Musgraves' and the lyrics to one of her songs caught my attention:

"Had to get away so I could grow
But it don't matter where I'm goin'
I'll still call my hometown home"
Dime Store Cowgirl - Kacey  Musgraves


I went to jot that down in my notebook, and when I was flipping through the pages I noticed my previous Ohio idea. Bam! Inspiration struck and I had to create this layout. 



I die-cut the Ohio shape with my Silhouette Portrait. The papers I used are from a ColorBok stack I picked up at Walmart. It's called: Modern Millinery. Oh all the wood pieces also came from Walmart. They have this big bag of random shapes in the craft section. It's totally worth picking up.

Here are the pages individually:




The Logan, Ohio at the bottom I used a Studio G dollar alpha stamp set as well as some cheap alpha's I found at Meijer. Those dollar bins have always served me well. 






Here is the right side:





Thank you for taking a look. I really recommend having a place to store all those random ideas that spring to mind. You never know what two ideas will connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment