June 14, 2018

Scrapbook Share - But First Coffee





Hello hello. I hope everywhere and whenever this blog post finds you that you are doing well. Hopefully it will be on a peaceful day with a cup of coffee in hand (or tea if that's your fancy).

Today, I wanted to share with you another layout. This was the first layout that I made after stepping away from this hobby for about a year.

When I first got into scrapbooking all my supplies were very inexpensive, think Colorbok and Michaels. Well soon after I fell in love, and became obsessed with following the trends and the designers. It's funny too because every layout I made during that time I didn't love. In fact I don't even have them any more. I got tired of spending so much money on my hobby and never feeling happy with what I was making. I never felt like I had enough supplies or the right ones. So I chucked it all and washed my hands of it.

I stayed away for about a year. For some reason I always get a strong urge to scrapbook on my birthday. Maybe it's because the passage of time is so unavoidable. So this year on my birthday (February 20th) I went to Walmart. I bought one paper pad, a bag of wooden shapes, some bling, and a stamp set. I think I spent around 20 - 25 dollars. I came home and this is what I made.




Isn't it simple yet beautiful! I adore it. I am really proud of the wooden embellishment at the bottom. I had watched a couple of tutorials on how to make crate paper rosettes and had a go at my own. Again, the wooden circle and the coffee stamp came from Walmart. 





Most if not all of the layouts you will see on my blog from now on will be inexpensive layouts. I have plenty of paper left in that paper stack. No need or desires anymore to stay trendy.  

Oh before I go I wanted to share the t-shirt I was wearing in this photo too. It's what I wear on Scrapbook Sundays (or Sunday Fundays). 



To Perfect right?!

Thank you for sharing a small part of your day with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment